Italy : Rally del Salento - Finish
The sixth round of the Italian Rally Championship – Rally Del Salento – took place last weekend and Renato Travaglia clinched the victory at the wheel of his RalliArt Italy-prepared Lancer Evolution IX.
Travaglia took the lead after
the second stage of the event at stayed in first place until the end of the race. The Italian dominated this asphalt rally, finishing more than 40 seconds ahead of Piero Longhi in second position.
Driving an Impreza, Longhi finished around 12 seconds ahead of Andrea Aghini (third), another Subaru driver.
Paolo Andreucci got off to a great start, taking the first stage win of the race. Unfortunately, his Fiat Grande Punto suffered from an electric problem and he had to retire from the event. An unfortunate situation for Andreucci, who was leading the championship prior to this race.
Luca Rossetti took the victory in the Super 1600 class and finished eighth overall.
With the additional points from his second position in this rally, Piero Longhi is now the new leader in the Italian championship with 39 points. Andreucci drops to second place with 38 points, followed by Navarra (29 points) and Travaglia (20 points).
RALLY DEL SALENTO : FINAL RESULTS
1. Travaglia - Granai Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX in 2h24'42''3
2. Longhi - Imerito Subaru Impreza at 42''3
3. Aghini - Cerrai Subaru Impreza Sti at 54''6
Navarra - D'Amore Fiat Grande Punto at 55''2
5. Dallavilla - Vernuccio Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX at 1'53''6
6. Ratiglia - Zanella Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX at 2'19''9
7. Perego - De Luis Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX at 2'06''3
8. Rossetti - Chiarcossi Peugeot 206 RC at 2'46''5
9. Sottile - Gorni Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX at 2'52''2
10. Laganà - Coperchio Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX at 3'53''4
Hugo GIGUERE © CAPSIS International