Tour de Corse : Shakedown
The Shakedown of the 2006 Rallye de France – Tour de Corse took place today in Capo di Feno, a few kilometres from Ajaccio.
The teams and drivers worked to make the final adjustments to the cars on the 22-km course.
The Kronos drivers
were satisfied with the handling of the Xsara and stayed for only two runs. The situation was completely different at Subaru, Petter Solberg and Stephane Sarrazin stayed much longer, working hard to find a good set-up for the Impreza.Sebastien Loeb
set the fastest time during the session : “No problem,” said the World Champion. “Everything went well, the set-up is good. Two runs were enough, with the new regulation we have to keep the same engine for two rallies so we preferred to look after our car.”Marcus Gronholm
finished second on the time sheets after two runs, just like his teammate Mikko Hirvonen in third position.
Francois Duval encountered engine problems with his Fabia and could only manage to make one run during the shakedown.
Tour de Corse : Shakedown times
1. Sebastien Loeb
2. Marcus Gronholm
3. Mikko Hirvonen (Ford) 4:16.7
4. Daniel Sordo (Citroen) 4:17.8
5. Jari Matti Latvala (Ford) 4:18.8
6. Petter Solberg (Subaru) 4:19.2
7. Xavier Pons (Citroen) 4:21.4
8. Jan Kopecky (Skoda) 4:23.1
9. Manfred Stohl And Alexandre Bengue (Peugeot) 4:23.3
11. Stephane Sarrazin (Subaru) 4:23.5
12. Harri Rovanpera (Red Bull Skoda Team) 4:23.8
13. Matthew Wilson (Ford) 4:25.0
14. Andreas Aigner (Red Bull Skoda Team) 4:26.2
15. Gigi Galli (Mitsubishi) 4:26.6
Hugo GIGUERE © CAPSIS International