Italy : Rally del Ciocco - Finish
Paolo Andreucci won the first round of the Italian Rally Championship, the 29th edition of Rally del Ciocco.
At the wheel of his new Fiat Punto Super 2000, Andreucci dominated the first leg of the event and managed his lead during
the four stages on Day 2. The Italian wins the race by more than 30 seconds over Gianfranco Cunico (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX).
The podium is completed by Luca Cantamessa, driving a Subaru Impreza Sti.
Renato Travaglia and Andrea Aghini were well on their way to finish on the podium but the two drivers were not too lucky, having problems in the final two stages of the race. Travaglia encountered a turbo problem with his car and lost nearly a minute and thirty seconds. Aghini also lost a lot of time in the final two stages and dropped one place by just a few seconds.
Elwis Chentre (Citroen C2 S1600) finished first in the A6 category, followed by Stefano Bizzarri (Renault Clio S1600).
RALLY DEL CIOCCO : FINAL RESULTS
1. Andreucci-Andreussi Fiat Punto Abarth S2000 in 1h56'20''2
Cunico-Pirollo Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX at 34''6
3. Cantamessa-Bondi Subaru Impreza STI at 46''6
4. Aghini-Cerrai Subaru Impreza STI at 49''8
5. Navarra-D'Amore Fiat Punto Abarth S2000 at 53''4
6. Longhi-Imerito Subaru Impreza STI at 58''4
7. Travaglia-Granai Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX at 1'49''0
8. Perico-Carrara Subaru Impreza STI at 2'36''9
9. Ratiglia-Zanella Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX at 3'03''9
10.Perego-De Luis Subaru Impreza STI at 3'18''1
Hugo GIGUERE © CAPSIS International