Spain : Rallye La Vila Joiosa - Finish
The Rallye La Vila Joiosa, first round of the Spanish Rally Championship, took place this weekend. Dani Sola and his co-driver Xavi Amigo won the event at the wheel of their Citroen C2, taking eight stage victories out of a total of
eleven timed events!
Sola started the race at a cautious pace, adjusting to the Citroen C2 after driving a WRC for some time. Despite a few problems with the pacenotes, the Spaniard was able to increase his rhythm and lead the event from start to finish.
ďIt wasn't an easy rally. We had to adapt to a Super 1600, which is completely different from a WRC. The tyres, braking, the pacenotes... everything is completely different!Ē mentioned the race winner.
ďWe worked a lot on the car during the rally and the Piedrafita engineers did a remarkable job,Ē added Sola.
ďOur main rival, Miguel Fuster, knows these stages particularly well. We had a great duel with Miguel. I am very happy to win this first round of the season!Ē concluded Sola.
RALLYE LA VILA JOIOSA : FINAL RESULTS
1. Dani Sola CitroŽn C2 S1600 in 2h05'12''3
2. Miguel Fuster Renault Clio S1600 at 16''3
3. Joan Vinyes Renault Clio S1600 at 1'10''7
4. Sergio Vallejo Renault Clio S1600 at 2'02''9
5. Manuel Rueda Renault Clio S1600 at 2'41''1
6. Alberto Hevia Peugeot 206 S1600 at 5'22''4
7. Manuel Cabo CitroŽn C2 S1600 at 6'08''3
8. Pedro Burgo Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX at 7'24''4
9. Alberto Monarri CitroŽn C2 GT at 9'44''3
10. Josep Basols Peugeot 206 XS at 10'27''9
Hugo GIGUERE © CAPSIS International