An Italian one-two-three at the Ypres event
Italian manufacturer driver Giandomenico Basso won the ERC classification of the Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally, the fourth round of European Rally Championship.
Basso took the victory despite a puncture in the final special
stage at Heuvelland. The Italian won nearly all of the stages in ERC classification, and finished in eight position overall. The other two podium positions were occupied also by the Italian drivers.
Second place finally went to Luca Betti and third place to Corrado Fontana.
Fourth place is for polish driver Michal Solowow, who has lost lot of time in first stage after an off track excursion.
Fifth Krum Donchev and sixth place is for winner 2WD ERC Antonin Tlustak.
Only one ERC driver who didn't finished is Brian Lavio.
ERC Unofficial Standings
Michal Solowow (PL) 39 points
2. Krum Donchev (BG) 33 points
3. Luca Betti (I) 31 points
4. Giandomenico Basso (I) 30 points
4. Corrado Fontana (I) 30 points
6. Renato Travaglia (I) 13 points
7. Davide Di Benedetto (I) 5 points
8. Antonin Tlustak (CZ) 4 points
9. Brian Lavio (CH) 3 points
10. Todor Slavov (BG) 2 points.