Ready for Istanbul
After yesterday's rain, today the Motogp riders came back to work at Jerez for the second and last day of testing.
Marco Melandri and Toni Elias worked in race conditions and only at the end of the test sessions tested two qualifying tyres.
MELANDRI (1°, 1'39”48, 72 laps): “I'm happy because today we did a step forward with the setting of the bike. We tested some different solutions to improve the feeling with the front and changed the weight balance. We found some interesting solutions and I look confident for next GP. We made tyre testing and in the end we tested two qualifying because I needed to improve also this aspect. I look to Istanbul with optimism”.
TONI ELIAS (2°, 1'39”67, 59 laps): “I leave Jerez after 2 positive days of testing, very complete, because we could improve both on wet and dry conditions. Today we worked on the set up of the bike with a new tyre that Bridgestone brought us and that worked very well. We also tested 2 qualifying tyres. I'm confident for the Turkish GP, a track that I like a lot”.
Jerez test – Day Two – Unofficial times :
1. Marco Melandri - Gresini Honda - 1m 39.484s - 72 laps
2. Toni Elias - Gresini Honda - 1m 39.675s - 59 laps
3. Randy de Puniet - Kawasaki Racing - 1m 40.225s - 82 laps
4. Carlos Checa - LCR Honda - 1m 40.
356s - 62 laps
5. Colin Edwards - Fiat Yamaha Team - 1m 41.755s - 46 laps
6. Olivier Jacque - Kawasaki Racing - 1m 41.908s - 66 laps
7. Makoto Tamada - Tech 3 Yamaha - 1m 42.091s - 60 laps
8. Valentino Rossi - Fiat Yamaha Team - 1m 42.348s - 42 laps
9. Nicky Hayden - Repsol Honda Team - 1m 42.562s - 61 laps
10. Sylvain Guintoli - Tech 3 Yamaha - 1m 42.736s - 54 laps
11. Vittorio Guareschi - Ducati Marlboro Team - 1m 44.780s - 77 laps