Barcelona: 250cc test
Under slightly better conditions than Thursday's near-wash out, Jorge Lorenzo clocked the fastest time of the second and final day of 2-stroke testing at the Circuit de Catalunya.
The Aprilia factory rider put in a fastest lap of 1'46.9 during
the dry afternoon session, ahead of former team-mate and now Team Toth rider, Hector Barbera. Lorenzo now heads to Almeria for the next stop on his preseason testing tour.
The two Repsol Honda 250cc representatives, Julian Simon and Shuhei Aoyama, had equal fastest times of 1'47.8, just faster than Alex de Angelis and Andrea Dovizioso. De Angelis suffered a crash late on in the day, which had begun with a wet track as a result of Thursday's downpours. Alvaro Bautista, Roberto Locatelli, Aleix Espargaro and Thomas Luthi completed the top ten.
Eugene Laverty was finally able to put in an extended run on the 250cc Honda kit bike, but was hampered by engine problems which left him propping up the timesheets. The Northern Irish rider heads to Valencia, alongside a number of his new rivals, to undertake a day of practice on Monday.
250cc: Barcelona – 09/02/07 (unofficial times):
1. Jorge Lorenzo - Fortuna Aprilia - 1'46.9
2. Héctor Barberá - Team Toth - 1'47.2
3. Julián Simón - Repsol Honda - 1'47.8
4. Shuhei Aoyama - Repsol Honda - 1'47.8
5. Alex De Angelis - Master MVA Aspar - 1'47.9
6. Andrea Dovizioso - Humangest Racing - 1'48.1
Álvaro Bautista - Master MVA Aspar - 1'48.2
8. Roberto Locatelli - Metis Gilera - 1'48.3
9. Aleix Espargaró - Blusens Aprilia - 1'48.4
10. Marco Simoncelli - Metis Gilera - 1'48.8
11. Alex Debon - Aprilia Racing - 1'49.4
12. Alex Baldolini - Kiefer Bos - 1'49.3
13. Dirk Heidolf - Kiefer Bos - 1'50.8
14. Ratthapark Wilairot - Thai Honda PTT SAG - 1'51.0
15. Yuki Takahashi - Humangest Racing - 1'51.1
16. Eugene Laverty - Honda LCR - 1'54.01
DORNA / CAPSIS International