Alex begins to know his new team
Yesterday, the first test of the Pramac d'Antin MotoGP Team took place on the Ricardo Tormo circuit of Valencia.
The rider Alex Barros, on the Ducati GP6 Sat with Bridgestone tyres, began to take confidence with the bike and had
the occasion to know better the whole Team and its technicians. There are many news for the Italian-Spanish Team.
Between the Brazilian rider and the new motorcycle-tyres package, there already seems to be a good feeling. Alex made 61 laps with 1'33.626 as a best time and a rhythm of 1'33.800.
The test goes on today, Thursday 2nd November, still on the Valencia track.
Alex Barros (1'33.626 - 61 laps): "Things went quite good today. It was our first practice day and we began to set up the motorcycle. There are very favourable points and others on which we need to work, we're here for this. I had a good feeling with the Bridgestone tyres. Generally, the first impressions are good, but there is still a good margin to improve. My best laptime has been 1'33.6, and we're at less than one second from the fastest time. To close, I would say that I already have a good feeling with every member of the Team, the atmosphere is really good and I like the way they work."
Emanuele Martinelli Track Engineer: "This first day of free practice is positive. We went on track with a basic set-up and Barros' laptimes already are quite good. It was our first time with Bridgestone and there is satisfaction.
It is obvious that we cannot make any real confrontation as Barros never rode on the Ducati with the tyres we used during the 2006 season. For now, things are going very good. He likes the motorcycle and I can say everything began in a right way. To conclude, the first impressions are really positive and we still have one Test day at our disposal tomorrow, to go on working."
Luis d'Antin Team Manager: "In general, we are happy. There has been a good feeling with everything, and the performances have been good too. As a first test, we can be satisfied. The 2007 World Championship is beginning right now and we will have a lot of work to do. There will be another practice day tomorrow and then we will come back on track in January, for the test in Malaysia."
Valencia MotoGP 01/11/06: (unofficial lap times)
1. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) 1.32.7 (27 laps)
2. Toni Elias (Gresini Racing) 1.32.7 (87 laps)
3. Marco Melandri (Gresini Racing) 1.32.9 (67 laps)
4. Alex Barros (Pramac d'Antin) 1.33.6 (61 laps)
1. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) 1.33.10 (43 laps)
2. Loris Capirossi (Ducati) 1.33.11 (53 laps)
3. John Hopkins (Rizla Suzuki) 1.33.14 (29 laps)
4. Chris Vermeulen (Rizla Suzuki) 1.33.18 (40 laps)
5. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) 1.33.21 (73 laps)
6. Casey Stoner (Ducati) 1.33.41 (77 laps)
7. Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda) 1.33.66 (87 laps)
8. Jeremy McWilliams (Ilmor SRT) 1.35.8 (38 laps)
9. Andrew Pitt (Ilmor SRT) 1.36.6 (21 laps)