A first ride for Sete Gibernau
Following yesterday's extraordinary victory, the Ducati Marlboro Team stayed on at the Motegi track today to continue development work on the new 800cc GP7 machine.
Sete Gibernau, who rode the 800 for the first time, confirmed the positive
impressions that Capirossi received at Brno during the Italian's first contact with the GP7. Sete did a total of 43 laps, setting a best time of 1m47.44s.
Loris Capirossi did the same number of laps, concentrating mainly on testing braking components, which come under considerable stress at the Japanese circuit.
Loris set a good pace and a quickest time of 1m47.91s.
Motegi : 1st day of tests – 25/09/06 (unoficcial laptimes)
1. Colin Edwards (Camel Yamaha) - 1'46.68 (56 giri)
2. Sete Gibernau (Ducati Marlboro) - 1'47.41 (37)
3. Kenny Roberts Jr. (Team Roberts) - 1'47.64 (48)
4. Nicky Hayden (Repsol Honda) - 1'47.70 (54)
5. Loris Capirossi (Marlboro Ducati) - 1'47.89 (35)
6. Kousuke Akiyoshi (Suzuki) - 1'47.89 (31)
7. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) - 1'48.
8. Tady Okada (HRC) - 1'48.43 – 50
9. Valentino Rossi (Camel Yamaha) - 1'48.58 (41)
10. Nobuatsu Aoki (Suzuki) - 1'50.48 (23)