Aleix Espargaro Interview
1. You are very young rider we can defined you as "new Energy" of MotoGP. Do you think that it's important for a team of MotoGP (the maximum in technology) to help the care of the environment?
Aleix Espargaro: I think it's very important that
the Pramac Racing Team is dedicated to this new initiative becoming the Green Energy Team. Usually motor world is associated to the idea of large energy consumption and a low consideration for the environment around us. The Pramac Racing Team want to try to change a bit this philosophy by implementing some measures which may reduce the impact we have on the environment. This will allow us to have a extra gear.
2. You are Spanish, "sun, sea and wind" are typical of your country, these are also the "renewable energy" by definition. Do you recognize yourself in the spirit of The Green Energy Team ?
AE: In Spain we are lucky to have many natural sources from which we can produce energy, we have the sun for almost all the days of the year. There are always more and more people who buy technology to generate energy from renewable sources in order to become self-sufficient, many other are adopting a lifestyle that has low environmental impact, such as the purchase of recycled products and environmentally friendly. I am very happy to be part of a team that embraces the green philosophy, associate energy savings to a MotoGP team is a great initiative. I also really like the green livery!
3. In your normal life, when you're at home, how you contribute to the environment protection?
AE: When I'm at home I always try to not to consume electricity in excess, I do not leave the lights on and eat hot water when is not necessary. With my family I worry about making the collection of waste in different boxes. The team initiative had made me think a lot on the alternative energy and I am considering installing solar panels at my house too.
4. Speaking about you on the track, what do you expect from your first season in the top class motorcycling, the MotoGP?
AE: I expect to show my value even in MotoGP class, I gained a bit of experience last year during the four races I've raced in where I collected sixteen points. During the last test in Qatar I have gained more feeling with the GP10 sat, I am very satisfied with the work we have done in the box during the pits as I was able to obtain the tenth place finish, a good starting point for my first season in MotoGP.
5. Which is your target? How do you see the home duel with your team mate Mika Kallio?
AE: The aim is to repay the big trust that the team has given me this year confirming me after the four GP that I made last Championships. I would like be able to enter in the top ten riders. Mika is a great teammate, this is the second year in MotoGP for him, but he has already gained a great experience. I will try to steal some advice from him. I would love to emulate his first year of MotoGP ended with the winning of the Rookie of the Year title.